Stir-fry Beef & Cabbage Platter
Stir-fry Beef & Cabbage Platter Recipe
Cooking with a vegetable platter can be fun once in a while! Tender beef slices are stir-fried with an assorted of vegetables using a supermarket cabbage platter. You can also buy the ingredients individually if not using a vegetable platter pack.
- 100g beef* sliced diagonally & thinly against the grain
- 1 tsp + 1 tsp cooking oil divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 thin slices ginger julienned
- 1 stalk spring onion separate white bottom from green tops; cut to short sections
- 100 ml + 50 ml water divided
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp mushroom seasoning powder**
With cabbage as the main vegetable in this dish, the rest of the vegetables can be substituted with seasonal local produce.
- 1/4 carrot sliced thinly
- 3 fresh shiitake mushrooms caps cleaned with damp cloth & sliced thinly
- 3 baby corn cut to smaller sections diagonally
- 200g round cabbage roughly cut to uniform, bite-sized chunks
- 1/4 bell pepper/capsicum (any colour or mixed) cut to long strips
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp Chinese wine (Shaoxing/Hua Diao)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 dashes white pepper powder
- Marinade beef in (A) for at least 15 minutes or longer in the fridge.
- Pre-cook beef. Heat 1 tsp oil in wok. Pan fry beef on both sides until just opaque. Set aside on a plate.
- Cook veggies. Heat remaining oil in wok. Add garlic, ginger and spring onion (bottom white portion). Stir fry briskly until aromatic. Then add carrot, mushroom and baby corn; stir-fry briefly until mushroom is soft. Add cabbage, 100ml water, oyster sauce and mushroom seasoning powder. When the cabbage starts to soften, add remaining water and simmer covered for 3 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender to liking.
- Finish up the dish by returning the cooked beef to the wok, along with bell pepper & spring onion (green portion). Drizzle Chinese wine along the sides of the wok. Stir-fry for 10 seconds more, drizzle the remaining sesame oil over the dish and serve.
*Use flank, ribeye/sirloin or tenderloin (from cheapest to most expensive cut) for this recipe.
** Substitute mushroom seasoning powder with any seasoning (such as salt, fish sauce, soy sauce etc), to taste
Yummy! A well balanced and delicious stirfry.
The idea of getting that platter is great! 一盘菜更丰富了！