Smoked Oysters Quinoa Salad Jar
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Smoked Oysters Quinoa Salad Jar Recipe
This recipe uses one tin of smoked oysters per person. The amount of the other salad toppings stated in the recipe is indicative – use any amount to layer and fit the jar.
- one tin (1 x 85g/0.3 oz) smoked oysters in olive oil
(A) Seasonings for smoked oysters
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp Thai chilli powder to taste; omit if you don’t want the heat
- 1/2 tbsp shallot oil optional
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce (or small pinch of garlic salt)
- freshly cracked black pepper
(B) Salad layers (from bottom to top):
- 50g diced cucumber
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 50g canned kidney beans rinsed & drained
- 50g canned or tetra-pak cooked corn rinsed & drained
- 1 tbsp chopped red onions
- 1 serving (50g) chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 serving (50g or more) cooked quinoa
- 30g feta cheese crumbled or diced; omit or add later if keeping for too many days
You also need:
- a 750 ml (25 oz) mason jar or BPA-free food jar with tight-fitting lid & wide mouth
- Season smoked oysters. Empty the tin of smoked oysters (including the olive oil) at the base of the salad jar. Add seasonings (A). Stir to mix well and season to taste.
- Layer the salad. Add cucumber and tomatoes to cover the oysters entirely. Then layer the rest of the ingredients at (B) in the order they are listed. Cover the salad jar with a tight lid. Keeps in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serving suggestions. To eat straight from the jar, tip the salad jar upside down for 1 minute, making sure the lid is tightly fastened to prevent leakage. Then shake the jar vigorously until well mixed. Alternatively, pour the salad into a large bowl, toss and serve immediately.