Simple Avocado Toast
Filed Under: Breakfast Meatless Recipes Recipes
This simple avocado toast is a 10-minute recipe where I spread a quick home-made guacamole (Mexican avocado dip) on a piece of toast. It makes a fast, easy and light breakfast for me. The result looks and tastes great although it takes only a small effort to make the meal. There are many ways to eat guacamole, and using it as an avocado spread on toast is definitely high up on my list.
I served the simple avocado toast with a quick side salad drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar & lemon.
Ingredients (Simple Avocado Toast)
Guacamole (Avocado Dip)
- I’m using my guacamole recipe posted in 2017. It comes with step-by-step photos. Every time I make guacamole, I substituted some of the ingredients slightly according to what I have in the fridge at the moment.
- Avocado. Make sure the avocado is ripe but not over-ripened. When choosing, the avocado skin should be a little soft when pressed with fingers. It should mash easily even when using a wooden spoon (pictured above). Of course, you can also use a metal fork/spoon or a potato masher to mash the avocado. And if you like a creamier avocado texture, use Hass avocado when they are in season.
- Jalapeno. As a short-cut this time, I use chopped pickled jalapeño which is really convenient. You can use fresh jalapeño or bird’s eye chillis, de-seeded (fully or partially). You can also substitute with chilli flakes or chilli powder.
- Cherry tomato (chopped), lime or lemon juice, shallot or red onion (finely chopped), chopped coriander (or spring onions) and (garlic) salt.
- Tips – Don’t mash the avocado too finely. Leaving in some avocado chunks give a better texture to the guacamole.
- I’m using sliced cranberry bread from the bakery. You can also use sourdough/artisan bread or baguette (slice diagonally for a larger cut).
- I toasted my bread using the air fryer – spray olive oil or spread butter on one side of the bread, air fry at 200°C (392°F) for about 3 minutes. You can also make the toast on the stove or use a bread toaster.
Pages: 1 2
Healthful, delicious and nutrient-dense…this is GREAT for any meal!
Good morning! I would enjoy this the same way too – Guacamole on toast :)