Simple Avocado Toast
This simple avocado toast is a 10-minute recipe where I spread a quick home-made guacamole (Mexican avocado dip) on a piece of toast. It makes a fast, easy and light breakfast for me. The result looks and tastes great although it takes only a small effort to make the meal. There are many ways to eat guacamole, and using it as an avocado spread on toast is definitely high up on my list.
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
I served the simple avocado toast with a quick side salad drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar & lemon.
Ingredients (Simple Avocado Toast)
Guacamole (Avocado Dip)
- I’m using my guacamole recipe posted in 2017. It comes with step-by-step photos. Every time I make guacamole, I substituted some of the ingredients slightly according to what I have in the fridge at the moment.
- Avocado. Make sure the avocado is ripe but not over-ripened. When choosing, the avocado skin should be a little soft when pressed with fingers. It should mash easily even when using a wooden spoon (pictured above). Of course, you can also use a metal fork/spoon or a potato masher to mash the avocado. And if you like a creamier avocado texture, use Hass avocado when they are in season.
- Jalapeno. As a short-cut this time, I use chopped pickled jalapeño which is really convenient. You can use fresh jalapeño or bird’s eye chillis, de-seeded (fully or partially). You can also substitute with chilli flakes or chilli powder.
- Cherry tomato (chopped), lime or lemon juice, shallot or red onion (finely chopped), chopped coriander (or spring onions) and (garlic) salt.
- Tips – Don’t mash the avocado too finely. Leaving in some avocado chunks give a better texture to the guacamole.
- I’m using sliced cranberry bread from the bakery. You can also use sourdough/artisan bread or baguette (slice diagonally for a larger cut).
- I toasted my bread using the air fryer – spray olive oil or spread butter on one side of the bread, air fry at 200°C (392°F) for about 3 minutes. You can also make the toast on the stove or use a bread toaster.