Creamy Portobello Mushroom & Kale Pasta
This creamy portobello mushroom & kale pasta is an easy weekday night dinner that can be made in under 30 minutes. It’s an extension of my creamy mushroom & kale recipe, where I added pasta (boiled in the same water that cooks the kale) to make a filling one-dish meal. Portobello mushrooms are great in this meatless pasta, as they give a rich umami depth and a ‘meaty’ feel. You can substitute the portobello mushrooms with any favourite mushrooms (such as maitake, button and cremini), or a medley mushroom mix.
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
- Creamy Mushroom & Kale (serve with rice or bread)
Goes well with:
- Avocado Pasta Recipe
- 10-Minute Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Mushroom Margherita Mini Pizza
- More Meatless Recipes
- Main ingredients 1-4 (pictured): portobello mushrooms, kale leaves, cooking cream and pasta (angel hair).
- Others: soup granules (mushroom powder & dashi powder), garlic salt, dried herbs (Italian seasoning), onion, olive oil and butter.
- Make the creamy mushrooms sauce in a large pan.
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch kale for 5 minutes. Do not discard the kale cooking water.
- Add blanched kale to the creamy mushroom pan, simmer the sauce down a little and it is done!
- In the same pot used to blanch the kale, add salt and reboil the water. Cook pasta until al dente.
- Add cooked pasta directly to the creamy mushroom sauce. Then add pasta cooking water to bind the sauce together.
- Serve and enjoy.