Cranberry Sauce Muffins
Filed Under: Bakes & Sweet Treats Christmas Recipes Cupcakes & Muffins Desserts Recipes Western Recipes
Cranberry Sauce Muffins Recipe
This recipe is a good use of any leftover cranberry sauce from Christmas. The mild sweetness of the muffins complement the tartness of the cranberries.
- 1 1/2 cups* (190g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g cranberry sauce (either store-bought canned whole cranberry sauce or home-made)
- 3/4 cup cranberries (if frozen, no need to thaw before use)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 65 grams butter softened
* Cup refers to US cup measurement
You also need:
- large bowl & wooden spoon
- disposable baking cases
- muffin baking tray
- Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together, and mix well.
- Add in milk, vanilla extract, eggs and butter and stir until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.
- Fold in the cranberries and cranberry sauce into the mixture. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases till about 2/3 full
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) or until slightly golden brown. Allow to rest for several minutes before serving. Store for a day in an airtight container. Freeze extras in ziplock bags and whenever you need a muffin or two, toast them for a few minutes in the oven until they are warm.
Pages: 1 2
look really good!! I like the cupcake paper,look cool!! Happy New Year to you and family!!
My new love, cranberry! (but in dried form :P)
I would love to give this a try. Looks really delish!
Happy New Year to you babe!
Psstt : i unlocked most (but not all!) of the dances in Dance Central in 1 hour!! HAhahahaha!!
Hi, I have a whole bag of crasins (dried cranberries) and was wondering if I can use those instead of fresh cranberries? Many thanks.
I wanna know pricing for muffins
Fantastic recipe, i’d substitue the cranberry sauce w the ikea’s lingonberry jam n added some chocolate chips. This is my 1st baking and it’s v successful!!!
What is..caster sugar…?
super fine sugar
Pingback: Easy Christmas Recipes