Taiwanese Eggplant Salad
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Taiwanese Eggplant Salad Recipe
This dish can be served at room temperature or chilled. If you love to drench the eggplants in more sauce, just double up the ingredients for the sauce ingredients.
- 200 grams eggplant (brinjal or aubergine) cut to 4-cm sections
(A) Eggplant Salad Sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cold drinking water
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger juice
- 1/2 tsp fine sugar
- 1-2 chilli padi# deseeded & diced; to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander or spring onions
# If you do not want the chilli heat, use half finger-length red chilli instead.
- Cook eggplants. Cook the eggplants using either the microwave, boiling or steaming method. View this tutorial for the instructions. Set aside.
- Make the sauce and serve. Combine the sauce ingredients (A) in a small bowl. Mix well. Arrange cooked eggplant in a serving dish skin-side up and drizzle the sauce over.