XO Sauce Prawns
XO Sauce Prawns
XO Sauce is a gourmet Cantonese seafood sauce made up of dried scallops & dried shrimps among other ingredients, and it can be eaten on its own as a condiment or used in stir-fries.
- 10 medium to large prawns, shells (except tail end) and veins removed
- 1 bell pepper, de-seeded, cut to bite-sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
(A) Sauce (combine well)
- 1 tbsp XO sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- Heat oil in wok. Stir fry garlic till fragrant.
- Add bell pepper wedges, stir fry for about 1-2 minutes till cooked.
- Add prawns and stir fry briefly until the prawns start to curl and turn opaque. Add (A) and stir fry until the prawns are fully cooked and well coated in the sauce.
Pages: 1 2
yup, what brand of XO sauce do you use? I only see Lee Kum Kee brand in ntuc and cold storage…
hey SS, happy CNY! :D Hope you are well. See my reply to JQ above regarding the XO sauce.
thanks! that’s good, i am heading to hong kong this week and will look out for it! do you want me to get more for you if i do find it? can sms me :-)
I will try this. I bought some XO sauce and have not cooked with it yet. Thanks for recipe.
I tried this today. When I was actually cooking it, iI thought there might bee too much XO Sauce, but the finished dish is really delicious. I added the white part of 2 spring onions because I love spring onions. Wonderful recipe.
I agree with lisaiscooking, can’t wait to try!
Pingback: Chinese New Year Recipes
Pingback: Stir-fried Prawns in Sweet Chilli Sauce
Pingback: Chinese New Year Recipes: What to eat if you want more money! – Kungfood – Recipe around the world