Stir-fry Instant Noodles (Rotisserie Chicken)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 bundles dried plain instant ramen noodles (75g x 2)
- 2 tbsp sesame oils
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 5 shallots thinly sliced
- 1 finger-length red chilli sliced thinly
- 5 stalks choy sum (cai xin/菜心) ends trimmed; stems and leaves separated & sliced to shorter sections
- 100g boneless rotisserie chicken breast shredded to large chunks
- chopped spring onions and/or coriander to garnish
- 1/2 tbsp fried shallot oil to garnish; per bowl
(A) Sauce (mix in a small bowl)
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp Maggie seasoning sauce (or 1/2 tsp fish sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp kecap manis (sweet dark soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sriracha or garlic chilli sauce optional
- 4 dashes white pepper powder
- Prepare noodles. Bring a pot of water with 1 tsp salt added to boil. Add noodles to the boiling water. As soon the noodles start separating when touched with chopsticks, take them out (it’s okay that they are not fully cooked). Run the noodles through cold tap water. Drain the noodles, then coat them evenly with sesame oil. Set aside.
- Fry aromatics, veggie stems & chicken. Heat oil in a wokpan. Stir fry garlic, shallots & chilli until aromatic. Add choy sum stems and shredded chicken. Stir-fry briefly until the stems are just cooked.
- Fry noodles and serve. Add the cooked noodles and choy sum leaves to the wok. Pour sauce ingredients (A) evenly over the noodles. Fry the noodles on high heat, evenly distributing the sauce over the noodles. Fry quickly until noodles are dry. Garnish with spring onions/coriander.