Stir-fry Cabbage & Shrimp
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Stir-fry Cabbage & Shrimp Recipe
This is a simple yet homely cabbage dish. The cooked cabbage tastes extra delicious after absorbing the sweet shrimp juices in the wok.
- 150g shelled & deveined shrimps (prawns) diced or whole
- 1 tsp + 1/2 tbsp cooking oil divided
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 thin slices ginger julienned
- 400g cabbage leaves roughly chopped to uniform chunks
- 100ml + 100ml water top up more whenever needed
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp mushroom seasoning powder if not using, double up the oyster sauce
- 1/8 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- small pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp Chinese wine (Shaoxing)
- 2 dashes white pepper powder
- Marinade shrimps in (A) for at least 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Pre-cook shrimp. Heat 1 tsp oil in wok. Stir fry shrimp quickly until just opaque. Set aside on a plate.
- Cook cabbage. Heat remaining oil in wok. Add garlic and ginger. Stir fry briskly until aromatic. Then add carrots, stir-fry for a minute. Add cabbage, 100ml water, oyster sauce, mushroom seasoning powder and salt. When the cabbage starts to soften, add remaining water and simmer covered for 3 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender to liking.
- Finish up the dish by returning the cooked shrimps to the wok and drizzle Chinese wine along the sides of the wok. Stir-fry until the shrimps are fully cooked and evenly mixed into the cabbage. Drizzle sesame oil over the contents before dishing out.