Shrimp Salad in Uni Dressing
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Shrimp Salad in Uni Dressing Recipe
As a convenient short-cut, this recipe uses cooked shrimps (either fresh from the supermarket deli or frozen cooked ones). If you wish to cook the shrimps from scratch instead, bring a pot of water to boil. Add prawns and boil until they are just cooked (less than 3 minutes). Peel and devein the prawns. This will add about 15 mins to this recipe.
The uni salad dressing is made with a special uni (sea urchin) sauce. If you don’t have the uni sauce, see cooking note below for links to 2-minute salad dressings recipes.
- 8 cooked shrimps see cooking note
- 1 serving (50g) mix salad greens
- half avocado pitted & sliced to wedges
- 5 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tbsp ikura (salmon roe)
- chopped spring onions
- fresh basil leaves torn coarsely
- lemon wedge
Uni Salad Dressing
- 25ml olive oil
- 15 ml rice vinegar
- 15 ml uni (sea urchin) sauce
- pinch of salt to taste
- Make salad dressing by whisking (A) in a bowl until smooth. Season to taste. Set aside 1 tbsp of salad dressing in a side saucer. Leftover sauce can be kept in the fridge for about 1 week.
- Make the salad. Line salad plate with salad leaves. Top the salad with cooked shrimps, avocado, cucumber and cherry tomato. Garnish with spring onions and basil. Serve with side salad dressing.