Shrimp Salad in Uni Dressing
This is a 10-minute recipe for shrimp salad in uni dressing. The reason why I can put this salad together so quickly, was because I used bought fresh boiled shrimps from the deli at Donki. They are ready to eat, so they are even more convenient than the frozen cooked shrimps I bought in the past.
More Quick Salad Recipes:
- Convenient Chicken Salad Recipe
- Convenient Fish Salad in Scallion Sauce
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Salad Recipe
My shrimp salad consists of:
- ready-to-eat cooked shrimps from the deli at Donki (SG). Sorry I forgot to take a picture of the shrimps in the packaging. I’ll update the pic next time I buy it. You can also use frozen cooked shrimps sold at the supermarkets – just thaw before serving.
- half avocado (leftover from the day before)
- salad ingredients that are always in my fridge these days – salad greens mix, cherry tomatoes, Japanese cucumber & lemon
- uni salad dressing (read more below)
So this salad was mostly put together with what that I had in the fridge. Even though it was impromptu & unplanned, the salad turned out really pretty & delicious!
2-MINUTE UNI SALAD DRESSING
This is a bottle of uni sauce from Don Don Donki (SG). I splurged on this on my birthday as a treat :) – I made a creamy uni pasta with this sauce. Although a small bottle of the sauce is a bit pricey (S$18 for 140g), it is made with uni extract. You only need to use 1 tbsp of sauce for this recipe.
The uni salad dressing was put together very quickly by whisking olive oil, rice vinegar, salt & pepper. The dressing keeps well in the fridge for about 1 week. In fact, I made this dressing the day before. This dressing was umami-laden due to the uni (sea urchin) extract, so it will go well with seafood.
ASSEMBLE THE SALAD
Just arrange all the ingredients in the salad bowl, and a really pretty and delicious salad is ready!