Sausage & Veggies Grain Bowl
Sausage & Veggies Grain Bowl Recipe
Use your favourite seasonal toppings and salad greens to jazz up this grain bowl.
- one-pan sausage & veggies (get the recipe here)
- 200 grams salad greens (such as romaine lettuce, baby spinach etc) washed and spinned dry
- 3 slices purple cabbage sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 servings (about 150 grams) cooked quinoa (get the recipe here) or use any preferred carbs
(A) Balsamic-Soy Dressing
This measurement is for one person and multiplies well for multiple servings. You can add minced garlic and a few drops of lemon juice to jazz up this basic dressing.
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce to taste
- Make sheet pan sausage and veggies. Follow this recipe to make one-pan sausage and veggies (zucchini & carrot).
- Make the balsamic-soy dressing. For each individual serving of salad dressing, combine (A) in a small dressing bowl. Season to taste.
- Assemble the salad grain bowl. Divide salad leaves and sliced cabbage to two salad serving bowls. Top each bowl with roasted sausage, roasted veggies, pom seeds, cooked quinoa and balsamic-soy dressing at the side.