Asian-spiced Chicken Salad Packed Lunch
Spicy Chicken Salad Packed Lunch Recipe
The chicken in this salad was made with the convenience of a rotisserie chicken breast from the supermarket deli. The shredded chicken breast is seasoned with sesame oil, soy sauce and Korean chilli flakes for a Asian spicy flavour.
The salad can be prepared the night before, and kept chilled in the fridge overnight, making it ideal for meal prep.
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast shredded by hand; de-boned & skin removed; about 100g after prep
- 1 serving (80g) salad leaves rinsed & spun dry
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp gochugaru (Korean chilli powder) to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper for extra heat; to taste
- sprinkle of dried parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
(B) Quick Soy-Sesame Dressing
- 1 tbsp sesame oil can substitute with evoo or other oils
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce use less if not using low-sodium variety
(C) Salad Toppings
- small handful cherry tomatoes halved
- small handful roasted almonds or favourite nuts
- 1 serving (50g or more) cooked brown rice or any (complex) carb
- 1 small lime or a wedge lemon
- Make seasoned chicken. Place shredded chicken breast in a wide bowl with seasonings (A). Mix well to combine.
- Make dressing by adding (B) in a food condiment container.
- Make salad. In a big take-out salad bowl, place salad leaves at the base. Place a piece of food-grade parchment or wax paper on top of the salad. Place seasoned chicken and salad toppings (C) on top of the wax paper, along with salad dressing at the side.
- When eating, remove paper. Squeeze lime (or lemon) over the chicken. Shake the dressing so that it is emulsified before pouring it over the salad. Toss and enjoy.