Long Bean Omelette
Long Bean Omelette Recipe
You may use either long beans or french beans for this recipe. This omelette goes very well with plain porridge.
- 5 long beans (if using french beans, double the quantity)
- 3 eggs beaten
- a dash of white pepper powder
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Prepare beans. Trim both ends of the beans and sliced them very thinly.
- Prepare egg mixture. Combine eggs, white pepper and light soy sauce in a small bowl; mix well.
- Fry sliced beans. Heat oil in wokpan, fry minced garlic briskly until fragrant, then add sliced beans. When the beans are almost cooked, use your spatula to arrange them into one flat layer in the wokpan.
- Pour egg mixture over the beans. Gently tilt the pan to ensure all the beans are well coated in the egg. Cook a few minutes on one side until dry and nicely browned, then flip to the other side and do the same. If your pan is too big and it is difficult to flip, cut them to smaller bite-sized pieces with the spatula before turning over.
- Serve with rice, porridge or eat as a snack on its own.
Add 1/4 tsp dashi powder and reduce the light soy sauce to 1/2 tsp, to improve the umami-taste of the omelette.