Kenny Roger’s Garden Pasta
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Kenny Roger's Garden Pasta Recipe
As this pasta is inspired by Kenny Roger’s restaurant, I kept to broccoli, red bell pepper, red onion and carrot for toppings. Check out my Italian garden pasta recipe for more toppings ideas.
- 150g broccoli florets
- 200g spiral pasta (fusilli) or any favourite pasta
- 1 tbsp salt for cooking pasta
- 1/2 small red onion sliced thinly
- half red bell pepper cut to long thin strips
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar) to taste
- 1 tbsp zero-calorie pancake syrup or honey to taste; omit if you like it super tangy
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp MSG-free chicken seasoning powder
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt (or small pinch of fine salt) to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
You also need:
- mason glass jar or recycled jam bottle or salad dressing bottle
- Cook broccoli florets by boiling for 2 1/2 minutes or steaming for 3 minutes. Drain the broccoli and cool down under running water. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in a boiling pot of water with 1 tbsp salt added until al dente. Drain the pasta and cool down under running water. Set aside.
- Make pasta dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Whisk by hand or use a milk frother, ensuring the the chicken powder is fully dissolved & the dressing is emulsified.
- Make pasta. In a large bowl, add cooked pasta, cooked broccoli, onion, bell pepper, carrot and black pepper. Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss until the ingredients are well coated in the sauce. Season to taste if needed by adding more vinegar, honey, soy sauce or salt to taste, a little at a time. This pasta can be served chilled or at room temperature.
- This pasta keeps well in the fridge for 2 days. However, the broccoli florets will turn yellowish (reaction with vinegar) overnight. You can separate and mix in the broccoli only when serving if you plan to keep the pasta overnight in the fridge.
- Although chicken powder and low-sodium soy sauce seem like unusual ingredients in a pasta, they help to season the pasta for a more full-bodied flavour similar to Kenny Roger’s version. You can skip them and use more salt if preferred.