Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Stir-fried Kailan Recipe
To prevent oil splatters during stir frying, air dry or spin dry (in a salad spinner) the vegetables thoroughly before cooking.
- 400g kailan (芥兰)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced thinly
- cornstarch solution 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tsp water
(A) Sauce (combine in a small cup)
- a pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 2 tbsp water
- If using stems, trim bottom stalk ends of kailan and separate leaves from stems. Slice the stem thinly and diagonally.
- Heat oil in wok and stir fry garlic until fragrant. Stir fry sliced carrot and kailan stems for a minute or two.
- Add kailan leaves and sauce. Stir fry until the vegetables are evenly coated in the sauce and the leaves have withered. Thicken the sauce with cornstarch solution.