Shiitake Mushrooms Stew
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Shiitake Mushroom Stew Recipe
You can also use assorted mushrooms (such as button and baby oyster) for this recipe.
- 150 grams fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 40 grams unsalted butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 3 shallots sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt to taste
- 200 ml mushroom* or vegetable stock (or chicken stock for non-vegan)
- 2-3 tbsp unsweetened soy milk (or fresh cow’s milk for non-vegan)
* for instant mushroom stock, dissolve 1 tsp mushroom seasoning powder (to taste) in 200 ml water
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes optional
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- sliced baguette or cooked macaroni
- Prepare mushrooms. Discard mushroom stems. Wipe mushrooms caps with a clean moist kitchen towel and slice the caps thinly.
- Cook the mushrooms. Melt butter and olive oil in pan. Add Italian seasoning, shallots and garlic to the pan. Saute them until the garlic starts to turn light brown. Then add sliced mushrooms and garlic salt. Stir fry until mushrooms are cooked and evenly coated in the butter.
- Make the stew. Add stock and simmer for a few minutes. When the mushrooms are tender, turn off the heat. Stir in the milk, one tablespoon at a time, until desired creaminess is reached. Garnish some chilli flakes (optional), parsley and black pepper before serving. Serve with sliced baguette or cooked macaroni.