Miso Soup Recipe
Do not boil miso soup as the high heat may cause fermentation and indigestion, so all you need to do is to dissolve the miso paste in hot stock and then stir it into the soup pot – quick and easy!
- 500 ml dashi stock I cheat by dissolving 1/2 tsp dashi stock powder in hot water
- 1 tbsp miso paste to taste
- 100 grams tofu cubed
- 1 tbsp dried wakame (Japanese seaweed)
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions (scallions)
- In a pot, bring dashi stock to boil. Transfer 1 -2 ladles of hot stock to a small bowl and stir to dissolve miso paste completely.
- Reduce heat, add cubed tofu and wakame to the pot. Simmer for about a minute or two. Turn off the heat.
- Return the miso mixture prepared in step 1 back to the pot, while the soup is still hot. Stir evenly.
- Ladle to serving bowls and garnish with chopped spring onions.
Noob Cook Tip
Create a more sumptuous miso soup with the addition of ingredients such as Japanese mushrooms, napa cabbage and/or ito konnyaku.