Matcha (Green Tea) Latte Recipe
If your milk is already sweetened, skip the maple syrup or honey. Check out more tips at the end of the recipe.
- 1 level tsp quality matcha (green tea) powder
- 1 tbsp drinking plain water
- 150 ml fresh milk (or soy milk, almond milk, oats milk)
- 3/4 tbsp maple syrup (or honey, stevia, or sugar syrup) to taste
- matcha powder for garnishing
- Add green tea powder and water to a small bowl. Using a bamboo tea whisk, whisk briskly in a circular motion until a smooth green tea paste is formed.
- Combine milk with maple syrup. Heat the milk either in the microwave or stove top until warmed through but not boiling. Insert milk frother into the warmed milk (see tip below) until thickened and foamy.
- To serve, add green tea paste into serving glass or cup. Pour milk until almost full. Finish with a spoonful of milk foam and a dusting of matcha powder.
Noob Cook Tips
- To prevent splashes, the milk frother must be totally submerged in the milk before you turn it on or off.
- The milk must be warmed (not cold) before it can be thickened with the frother.
- For ice cold latte, add ice cubes to serving glass.