I simply love prawns (or better known as shrimps in some parts of the world). This dish – combining ketchup, tomatoes and prawns – is such an easy, fuss free and yummy way of cooking prawns. I love the gravy over steamed rice.
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Ketchup Prawns Recipe
The sweet & slightly sauce is perfect with a bowl of steamed rice.
- 10 large prawns shells & veins removed (leaving the tail end intact)
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup of ketchup, mixed with 25 ml of water
- 1 chilli deseeded and cut to long strips
- 1 small tomato cut to small chucks
- Heat oil in wok and stir fry garlic & chilli until the garlic just starts to change colour.
- Add prawns and stir fry briefly until they are almost cooked.
- Add the ketchup liquid and tomato wedges. Stir evenly and let the sauce simmer briefly.
Note: You can stir in a beaten egg to cook at step 3 if you like.