Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Ketchup Prawns Recipe
The ketchup sauce is sweet, hot and tangy and soooo good over steamed rice. This recipe uses 10 extra-large prawns (about 180g after prep). You can also use 15 (+/-) smaller prawns accordingly.
- 10 XL prawns deshelled & deveined, tail-on & patted dry (180g after prep)
- 1/2 + 1/2 tbsp cooking oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 onion sliced thinly
- 2 chilli padi sliced thinly; to taste
- 1 small tomato cut to 6 wedges
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) water
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar to taste
- 1 tsp soy sauce to taste
- Pre-cook the prawns. Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a wokpan. Add prawns and cook until they just turn opaque. Set aside on a plate.
- Cook aromatics. Add remaining oil to the pan. Cook garlic and onion, until the onions turn translucent. Add tomatoes and chilli, cooking down the tomatoes briefly until softened.
- Make ketchup sauce. Add sauce ingredients (A) to the wok. Bring to a simmer and season to taste (more soy sauce, sugar or water if needed).
- Simmer and serve. Return prawns back to the pan, evenly coating them in the sauce. Cover with lid and simmer for 1 more minute, or until the prawns are cooked.