Stir-fried French Beans with Egg
Filed Under: 5 or Less Ingredients Asian Recipes Chinese Recipes Mum's Recipes Salads & Vegetables Stir Frying
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
French Beans with Egg Recipe
This quick and easy egg has minimal ingredients and goes very well with porridge or rice.
For best results, choose French beans which is light green rather than dark green as they are more tender.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 4 dashes white pepper powder to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 150 grams french beans (四季豆) ends trimmed and cut diagonally to 1-2cm slices
- 1/8 tsp salt to taste
- Season beaten egg with light soy sauce and white pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Cook French beans. Heat oil in wok and stir fry garlic until fragrant. Add sliced beans and salt. Stir fry until the beans are almost cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg. Pour egg mixture over the beans. Cut the egg to smaller bits with a spatula as you stir-fry, until the egg is set.
Noob Cook Tips
- Slice the French beans according to your desired thickness. You can slice them as thinly as those in my long beans omelette – it will cook faster and also easier to eat.
- You may substitute the recipe with long beans or what some supermarkets label as “baby fine beans”.