Stir-fried French Beans with Egg
Filed Under: 5 or Less Ingredients Asian Recipes Chinese Recipes Mum's Recipes Salads & Vegetables Stir Frying
French Beans with Egg Recipe
This quick and easy egg has minimal ingredients and goes very well with porridge or rice.
For best results, choose French beans which is light green rather than dark green as they are more tender.
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 4 dashes white pepper powder to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 150 grams french beans (四季豆) ends trimmed and cut diagonally to 1-2cm slices
- 1/8 tsp salt to taste
- Season beaten egg with light soy sauce and white pepper; mix well and set aside.
- Cook French beans. Heat oil in wok and stir fry garlic until fragrant. Add sliced beans and salt. Stir fry until the beans are almost cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg. Pour egg mixture over the beans. Cut the egg to smaller bits with a spatula as you stir-fry, until the egg is set.
Noob Cook Tips
- Slice the French beans according to your desired thickness. You can slice them as thinly as those in my long beans omelette – it will cook faster and also easier to eat.
- You may substitute the recipe with long beans or what some supermarkets label as “baby fine beans”.
Pages: 1 2
Love this simple recipe.
My version is stir fry the French bean with garlic, minced pork, julienned carrot and scrambled egg.
This looks so tasty and sounds like something that my boyfriend would like too. Pinned it to my pinterest board so that I remember to make it later
Love the simplicity of this egg dish…especially when it is packed with childhood memories.
Hope you are having a great week Wiffy :)
i usually have french beans with carrot for that splash of color but the yellow of the eggs should be equally amazing and more yummy!
Simple yet delicious stir-fry dish!
Pingback: Healthy Recipes For Keeping To Your New Years’ Resolution | Kopifolks
Hello! I tried this recipe for the first and it worked! Thank you! A really simple and healthy dish that I will want to cook again next time :)
thx! happy to hear that :)