Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Chrysanthemum Tea Jelly Recipe
If you are not using pre-sweetened konnyaku mix as mentioned in this recipe, add appropriate amounts of sugar or rock sugar to taste.
- 1 packet of pre-sweetened* konnyaku jelly powder (mine is 120g)
- water (according to the konnyaku jelly powder box instructions; mine requires 550ml)
- dried chrysanthemum flowers 菊花/朵朵香 (20g for every 500ml water)
- 1 to 2 tsp wolfberries, soaked in water till puffy (about 20 minutes)
Additional tool(s) needed
- jelly moulds
- In a pot, add water and bring to a boil. When water is boiling, add chrysanthemum flowers and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off the stove, take out the flowers and run the tea through a sieve. Return the chrysanthemum tea back to the pot and bring back to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add konnyaku jelly powder. Stir until the powder is fully dissolved. Turn off the stove.
- Add 3-4 wolfberries to each jelly mould, then pour the jelly solution prepared in step 3 to fill each mould. Let the jelly cool down a bit in room temperature and chill in fridge till the jelly is set.