Fun with Pita Pizza – Mushroom Pita Pizza
15-minute cheater’s mushroom pizza: 5 mins to prepare, 10 minutes to bake
This is another one of my 15-minute “fast food” meal. I like to buy a box of assorted mushrooms and whenever I have leftovers, I use it for topping this mini pizza. Using the shortcut method of using pita bread as pizza crust, this personal size pizza can be whipped up in 15 minutes: 5 minutes to prepare & assemble, and 10 minutes to bake. For more information about pita pizzas, check out my detailed write-up here.
Experiment with (undiluted) cream of mushroom sauce as the base for the pizza – quite nice!
(makes 1 pita pizza)
– 1 pita bread
– pizza or tomato-based pasta sauce or (undiluted) cream of mushroom sauce
– assorted mushrooms, sliced or diced
– baby spinach leaves (western type), torn to smaller pieces
– shredded mozzarella cheese
(for step by step photos on how to assemble this pizza, refer to this post)
1. Place a piece of pita bread on a flat oven-safe tray.
2. Spread some pizza sauce (you can also use tomato-based pasta sauce or cream of mushroom sauce) evenly over the pita bread using the back of a spoon.
3. Arrange mushrooms evenly all over the pita bread, followed by a layer of cheese, followed by a bit of mushrooms and spinach leaves for garnishing.
4. Bake in preheated oven of 200C (392F) for roughly 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Serve with tobasco sauce and grated parmesan cheese if you like.
Fancy more 15-minute pita pizza ideas?
Pingback: Pitos. « Spicecoat's Blog
I’m definitely going to make this! I love mushrooms and have been craving cooked spinach. And I just picked up some pita bread at the store today! Thanks! :)
By the way, I love your site and am bookmarking it! It seems as though we have similar plights, as far as cooking and blogs go. :)