Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe
For best results, use large or jumbo-sized scallops for this recipe (at least 50 grams each).
Leftover scraps of bacon can be diced and sauteed in the pan to make crispy fried bacon.
- 6 large scallops* thawed if using frozen
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- dried parsley flakes for garish; optional
- pea shoots for garnish; optional
- lemon wedges
*you can cook as many scallops as you like, just don’t over-crowd the pan at any one time. If you have more scallops, cook in 2 or more batches accordingly.
You also need
- kitchen paper towels
- wooden toothpicks
- Prep the scallops by patting them as dry as possible with kitchen paper towels.
- Wrap the scallops. Cut each bacon strip to about half lengthwise (adjust accordingly to the size of your scallops). Wrap each scallop with the bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Pan-sear the scallops. Gease a pan with olive oil and heat on medium high until the oil is hot and you see the first sign of smoking. Add the bacon wrapped scallops to the hot pan, giving some space between each scallop. You should hear a sizzling sound once the scallop enter the pan. Let the scallops cook on one side without touching them, until you see a brown crust peeking out from its underside, about 3 minutes. Flip the scallops over and cook until nicely seared on the other side, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish & serve. Remove toothpicks (optional). Season with freshly cracked black pepper and garnish with parsley/pea shoots. Serve the seared scallops straight in the pan or on serving plates with lemon wedges.
Recipe for quick sauce (optional)
You can make a quick sauce by adding 2 tbsp dry white wine (such as sauvignon blanc) and stirring with a spatula to deglaze the pan. Then add 20 grams of butter and 4 drops of lemon juice. Scoop the buttery sauce over the scallops. You can also add spinach leaves to soak up the remaining scallop sauce in the pan.