XO Sauce Winged Bean Fried Rice
XO Sauce Winged Bean Fried Rice Recipe
In this recipe, there is a generous amount of winged beans with every spoonful of rice. The winged beans give a satisfying crunchy texture to the fried rice.
If you don’t have XO sauce, substitute it with seasonings such as oyster sauce, soy sauce or fish sauce (to taste).
This recipe serves one, but you can scale up this recipe proportionally to make bigger servings.
Check out the ingredients and step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- 50g winged beans (四角豆)
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 thinly sliced ginger finely chopped
- 100g overnight refrigerated cooked rice
- 1 tbsp XO sauce
- 1 tsp sambal belacan optional
- sprinkle of salt & pepper blend (or 1/4 tsp chicken powder) to taste
- Prepare winged beans. Trim and snip both ends of each winged bean. Cut each winged bean to 1-cm thickness.
- Fry the winged beans. Heat oil in a wok pen. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry briskly until aromatic.
- Add rice, xo sauce, sambal belacan, salt & pepper blend (or chicken powder). Stir fry until the rice drains are dry and the flavours are evenly mixed. Season to taste.
I used a light sprinkle of salt & pepper blend to improve the taste of my fried rice. In place of the S&P blend, you can substitute with a pinch of salt + 2 dashes white pepper, chicken seasoning powder, oyster sauce, soy sauce, mushroom seasoning powder, fish sauce etc