Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Easy Waffles Recipe
Buttermilk makes the waffles tastier and less floury (we found out by accident when we ran out of milk) but you may use regular milk as well. If using butter milk powder, dissolve 1 tbsp buttermilk powder in 200ml hot water. Allow buttermilk to cool slightly before adding to the batter.
(A) Dry Ingredients
- 125 grams unbleached, all-purpose or plain flour
- 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
(B) Wet Ingredients
- 1 large egg (60 grams) well beaten with a fork or whisk
- 200 ml butter milk (may substitute with regular milk)
- 60 ml olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- non-stick cooking spray (or greased pastry brush)
- waffle maker
- In a large bowl, add (A) and stir well with a whisk.
- Add in (B). Whisk until the batter is just smooth.
- Preheat waffle iron to desired heat setting.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour waffle batter onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot with maple syrup and butter.
Noob Cook Note
I used buttermilk powder purchased from Iherb.com (use my affliate link WIF026 to save up to $10 for first order).
Credit: Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.com