15-Minute Tuna Pasta
Tuna Pasta Recipe
If making the pasta in advance, cook the macaroni and frozen vegetables first, then store them in covered food containers in the fridge. When ready to serve, just toss everything together, so that the pasta tastes fresh and moist. You can also add a finely chopped hard-boiled egg for a richer taste.
- 60 grams elbow macaroni (or any favourite such as spiral pasta)
- 100 grams mixed frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, corn) thawed
- 1 x 150 grams tin tuna flakes in olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard to taste
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (I used Japanese kewpie)
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp dried chopped parsley
- a small pinch of salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni in a pot of salted boiling water until al dente, about 8 minutes. During the last minute of cooking the macaroni, add the mixed vegetables. Drain everything in a colander and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked macaroni, cooked vegetables, tuna, mustard, mayonnaise, onions and parsley. Toss to coat everything evenly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve chilled or at room temperature.