Stir-fry Kailan & Crispy Roast Pork
Filed Under: Chinese Recipes Recipes Stir Frying Under 30 Minutes
Stir-fry Kai Lan & Crispy Roast Pork
The crispy roast pork is a nice accent and contrast to the tenderly cooked kai lan. You can regular kailan or baby kai lan (used in this recipe), but do make sure to separate the stems from the leaves when cooking.
Check out the ingredients photos and more pics on the previous page.
- 1 packet (200-250g) kailan separate leaves from stems; stems slice thinly & diagonally; bigger leaves cut into smaller pieces
- 150g deli roast pork
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 thinly sliced ginger julienned
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 chilli padi halved; to taste
- 8 thinly sliced carrot
- 2 tbsp water
- 3/4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine (Hua Tiao/Shaoxing)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- white pepper powder
- Revive the roast pork to crispy perfection. In an air fryer, place cold roast pork (from the fridge) skin side up and bake in the preheated air fryer at 200°C (392°F) for 3 minutes, followed by 240°C (464°F) for 3 minutes. Take it out immediately and sliced to bite-sized cuts and set aside. To revive the roast pork in the oven, check out this tutorial.
- Cook aromatics. Heat oil in a pan. Fry ginger, garlic and chilli until aromatic. Add carrot and kailan stems. Stir fry for a minute until the stems start to soften.
- Add kailan leaves and stir fry until the leaves start to soften and reduce in volume. Add 2 tbsp water, cover with lid and let the kailan steam for about 1 minute, or cooked until tender. Do not over steam the kailan as you still want to retain its vibrant green hue.
- Finish up cooking. Give the sauce a good stir and pour it over the contents in the pan. Stir fry until the kailan is evenly coated in the sauce. Turn off the flame. You can stir in the roast pork gently into the dish to mix it well with the sauce, or use the roast pork as a topping to the plated stir-fried kailan.
Pages: 1 2
Love roast pork! Haven’t had kailan in many years…this simply looks so appetizing and delicious.
Me too! I usually take the opportunity to try out different food (including cooked ones) when it goes on promo ;p So was the SS roast pork up to your standard? Your valuable helper does the perfect job on crisping it the next day.