Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Soy Milk Recipe
Due to the absence of preservatives, keep the soya milk refrigerated for 1 to 2 days.
- ratio of beans to water -> 4 tbsp soy (soya) beans (preferably organic): 350ml water
- pandan leaves tied to a knot
- rock sugar to taste
- electric blender
- coconut squeezer/muslin bag
- fine sieve
- Soak the soy beans in water overnight. After soaking, discard water and rinse a few rounds with water.
- Place the beans in an electric blender and add water. Do this in batches depending on how big your blender is.
- Whizz the soy bean and milk for at least 2 minutes, taking a break every 30 seconds to prevent the appliance from overheating.
- Filter the milk through a fine sieve. Place the pulp in a coconut squeezer bag or muslin bag and squeeze to extract the remaining milk in the pulp.
- Sieve the soy milk a few times with a fine sieve, then transfer to a pot.
- Add pandan leaves and bring to a gentle simmer (not boiling or the milk will curd) over medium low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring with a ladle regularly. After simmering, add rock sugar to taste and stir until they dissolve. Drink warm or chilled.