Ichiran Shrimp Tan-Men
I made this Ichiran shrimp tan-men using an instant Ichiran ramen kit. I was practising my upcoming Japanese tan-men recipe with it. Another short-cut I used was ready-to-eat cooked shrimps sold at Don Don Donki. Overall, this Ichiran shrimp tan-men looked and tasted healthy, even though it was instant! The shrimp & tan-men vegetables were certainly a refreshing change from the usual ramen toppings.
Recipes using Similar Veggies:
- Stir-fry Vegetables (Yasai Itame)
- Stir-fry Bean Sprouts, Chives & Seafood
- 15-Minute Salmon Nabe (Hot Pot)
Recipes using Instant Noodles:
- Cheater’s Sliced Fish Noodle Soup
- Army Stew Ramyeon
- Mama Tom Yum Noodles
- Cheater Shrimp Wonton Soba Noodle Soup
Instant Ichiran Ramen
This is my box of instant Ichiran Ramen which I bought online. You can also find it at Don Don Donki. Each serving (one bowl) consists of a bundle of dried noodles and a sachet of soup base & chilli powder each.
2. Shrimp Tan-Men Ingredients
- I used ready-to-eat boiled shrimps from Don Don Donki as a short-cut.
- I used vegetables (chives, carrot, beansprouts, fungus and cabbage) typically used in Japanese tan-men for my ramen. They made my ramen bowl healthier and more colourful.
- Fry all the vegetables in a little bit of oil in a wokpan.
- Add water and instant ramen soup base, simmer briefly until the cabbage is just cooked.
- Add boiled shrimps (prawns) to the soup while it is still hot.
- Boil the dried ramen noodles for 2-3 minutes depending on desired firmness.
Ladle the noodles, toppings and soup to a serving bowl and enjoy immediately.