Ichiran Shrimp Tan-Men
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Ichiran Shrimp Tan-Men Recipe
This recipe uses Ichiran Ramen instant noodles. You can buy it from Don Don Donki or online (Shopee, Lazada or Amazon). You can also use any favourite brand of instant ramen.
As another convenient short-cut, this recipe uses cooked shrimps (either fresh from the supermarket deli or frozen cooked ones). If you wish to cook the shrimps from scratch instead, bring a pot of water to boil. Add prawns and boil until they are just cooked (less than 3 minutes). Peel and devein the prawns. This will add about 15 mins to this recipe.
- 1 serving of instant Ichiran Ramen (1 bundle noodle + 1 soup base + 1 chilli powder)
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 50g cabbage leaves cut to squares
- 2 black fungus soaked in hot water until soft, cut to smaller pieces
- 1/3 carrot peeled & cut vertically into thin slabs
- 20g beansprouts
- 15g Chinese chives cut to 2-cm (5-inch) sections
- 450ml water
- 8 read-to-eat boiled shrimps (prawns)
- Make Ichiran Tan-Men. Heat oil in a pot. Add cabbage, black fungus and carrot. Stir fry for a minute or until the cabbage starts to soften. Then add bean sprouts, chives and stir fry briskly. Add water and the soup base pouch. Briefly simmer until the cabbage is cooked. Stir in the cooked shrimps and turn off the heat.
- Cook noodles. Bring another small pot of water to boil. Add instant dry noodles and cook according to desired doneness – 2 minutes for firm, 2 1/2 minutes for normal and up to 3 minutes for soft. Take out the noodles, drain and transfer to a ramen serving bowl.
- Serve. Pour the hot soup and toppings over the ramen bowl and serve immediately with a saucer of Ichiran chilli powder at the side.
- The timings for the noodles texture are 2 minutes for firm, 2 1/2 minutes for normal and 3 minutes for soft.
- The amount of water needed for the soup broth is 400ml for rich (salty), 450ml for normal and up to 500ml for light. You can start with 400ml and adjust to taste, 50ml at a time.