Butter Shiitake Mushrooms
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Butter Shiitake Mushrooms Recipe
You can use a mix of mushrooms (such as shiitake with baby oyster) or other mushrooms (such as button) for this recipe.
This recipe uses dried Italian seasoning (which is a blend of aromatics such as basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme). You can use your favourite herbs for this recipe. If using fresh herbs, use a bit more than stated in the recipe as dried herbs tend to have a more concentrated aroma.
- 150 grams fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 onion cut to small pieces
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp light soy sauce to taste
- garlic salt only if needed; to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Prepare mushrooms. Discard mushroom stems. Wipe mushrooms caps with clean moist kitchen towel and slice thinly.
- Cook Mushrooms. Melt butter and olive oil in pan. Add Italian seasoning, shallots and garlic to the pan. Saute them until the garlic starts to turn light brown. Then add mushrooms and soy sauce. Stir fry until mushrooms are cooked and evenly coated in the butter. Season to taste with garlic salt and freshly cracked black pepper.