Easy Crab Sandwich
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Easy Crab Sandwich Recipe
This is the lump crabmeat I am using for this recipe. It is already cooked and packed in the pasteurised form. You can use any favourite brand and cut of crabmeat – it should also be of the best quality (fresh, clean, not fishy) so that it can carry this dish well. Instead of lump crab, you can also use other cuts such as claw meat or flaky crabmeat.
- 4 sliced bread spread butter on one side of each slice
- 2 tbsp chopped tomato
- 4 whole romaine leaves
(A) Crab Salad Sandwich Filling
- 100g quality cooked lump crab meat see cooking note below
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion or shallots
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions (green portion) or chives
- 2 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise use kewpie half-calorie for lower carb
- 1 tsp olive oil
- zest from 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice to taste
- small pinch salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
You also need:
- food-grade cling wrap, wax paper or parchment paper
- Make crab sandwich filling. Add all the ingredients (A) in a bowl and mix well, taking care to keep the lump crab pieces intact. Season to taste.
- Assemble each sandwich in this order: 1 slice of butter-spread bread, 1 lettuce leaf, half of the prepared crab salad filling, 1 tbsp chopped tomato & another lettuce leaf.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly with cling wrap (or wax/baking paper secured with tape) before cutting in half. You can serve leftover crab salad, if any, on a romaine lettuce leaf or a halved avocado.