Easy Crab Sandwich
Easy Crab Sandwich Recipe
This is the lump crabmeat I am using for this recipe. It is already cooked and packed in the pasteurised form. You can use any favourite brand and cut of crabmeat – it should also be of the best quality (fresh, clean, not fishy) so that it can carry this dish well. Instead of lump crab, you can also use other cuts such as claw meat or flaky crabmeat.
Check out the ingredients and step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- 4 sliced bread spread butter on one side of each slice
- 2 tbsp chopped tomato
- 4 whole romaine leaves
(A) Crab Salad Sandwich Filling
- 100g quality cooked lump crab meat see cooking note below
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion or shallots
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions (green portion) or chives
- 2 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise use kewpie half-calorie for lower carb
- 1 tsp olive oil
- zest from 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice to taste
- small pinch salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
You also need:
- food-grade cling wrap, wax paper or parchment paper
- Make crab sandwich filling. Add all the ingredients (A) in a bowl and mix well, taking care to keep the lump crab pieces intact. Season to taste.
- Assemble each sandwich in this order: 1 slice of butter-spread bread, 1 lettuce leaf, half of the prepared crab salad filling, 1 tbsp chopped tomato & another lettuce leaf.
- Wrap each sandwich tightly with cling wrap (or wax/baking paper secured with tape) before cutting in half. You can serve leftover crab salad, if any, on a romaine lettuce leaf or a halved avocado.
Pages: 1 2
Cool! Your sandwich looks really neat and I love that crab filling…would be great to fill the pita pockets too.
Sigh, still have not found or bought lump crab meat to try yet! I think I will say until I grab some or until you stop tempting me with ready crab meat. LOL
Hi, where did you get the crab meat. I couldn’t find them in the supermarkets.
I got mine from Sheng Siong but the outlet recently stopped selling it; not sure if it will be back in Dec for the festive month. I have earlier also seen it Seafood Place by Song Fish.
Thanks. I bought from Song Fish but another version of the Claw instead of the Lump. I find the taste quite fishy. Anyway to get rid of this fishy taste.. Should we stir fry or boil it ?
I’ve not tried the claw version, though I think it should be similar in taste to the lump. Maybe you can try to squeeze out the excess liquid from the meat before use if you are sensitive to the ‘fishy’ taste.
please share where I can buy this Sea Munch super lump crabmeat. I went to Sheng Shiong but was unable to find it. Thank you.
Hi Irin, a reader recently went Sheng Siong to ask about it, and was told they stopped bringing in this brand :(
So I guessed we have to look for alternatives.
I saw lump crab selling on the Fair Price app. Let’s update each other if we find a good one :)