Cheesy Mini Pizza
I made this 10-minute air fryer cheesy mini pizza right after my mushroom Margherita pizza because I had lots of leftover pizza ingredients, including a focaccia bread in the freezer. By “mini”, I am referring to a small pizza or pizzetta roughly 15 cm in diameter. This is such a fast recipe that I made it in time before going to work in the morning. It took me less than an hour to make the recipe, including editing a few photos, cleaning up and eating the pizza for breakfast :) If you are using a toaster oven or regular oven, it will take a 5-7 more minutes to bake than in the air fryer.
- Mushroom Margherita Mini Pizza
- Margherita Focaccia Pizza
- Hawaiian Focaccia Pizza
- Heirloom Tomato Focaccia Pizza
My cheesy mini pizza was made with 3 types of cheese – shredded pizza cheese (mozzarella + cheddar) and fresh mozzarella. Since a mini pizza is small, you can use any random toppings (literally scraps) – I used mushroom, olive and cherry tomato.
MAIN INGREDIENTS (Cheesy Mini Pizza)
- Mini pizza bread options. I am using focaccia bread from Saizeriya. Besides focaccia, you can use frozen pizza base, pita bread, flat bread, puff pastry and naan. The size of a mini pizza is approximately 15-cm.
- Pizza sauce – I am using a two-in-one pizza & pasta sauce. Leftover sauce can be frozen in an ice cube tray.
- Shredded pizza cheese – mine is made of mozzarella and cheddar.
- Fresh mozzarella cheese – I tear the fresh cheese to small pieces by hand. The cheese will melt nicely when baked.
- Random Toppings – I am literally using food scraps like black olive, mushroom and cherry tomato. You can also omit the toppings to enjoy the cheese on its own.
- Garnishes – Freshly cracked pink salt (optional), basil & parsley, red pepper flakes & extra-virgin olive oil.
I froze freshly bought focaccia bread immediately by wrapping it in cling, followed by foil. This method will keep the bread well in the freezer for more than a month. There is no need to thaw the bread – just use it immediately upon taking it out from the freezer.
Garnish the pizza in this order:
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly on each bread using the back of a spoon, leaving a small gap around the edges.
- Add a layer of shredded cheese,
- Garnish with torn pieces of fresh mozzarella cheese and your choice of toppings.
Garnish with pink salt, basil & parsley, evoo and chilli flakes.
That pizza looks so crusty and the topping amazing!
Pizza looks perfectly baked (rather air-fried) to deliciousness. What’s better is that it can be ready in 10 minutes. Wow!