Cheesy Mini Pizza
Filed Under: 15-minute Recipes Air Fryer Recipes Meals for One or Two Meatless Recipes Recipes Short Cuts Step-by-Step Recipes
Cheesy Mini Pizza Recipe
If you are baking the pizza in the air fryer, take care not to burn the pizza as the air fryer cooks the pizza really quickly.
1 mini pizza will fit a toaster tray or most regular-sized air fryers. If you are baking the pizza in a regular oven, make 2 mini pizzas as they will fit an oven tray perfectly.
Check out the ingredients and step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- one mini (about 15cm) pizza base use focaccia bread, instant pizza base, flat bread, pita bread, puff pastry or naan
Toppings Per Pizza (Estimate by Eye):
- 1-2 tbsp pizza sauce (or pasta sauce such as marinara sauce)
- 20g fresh Mozzarella cheese drained, patted dry & torn by hand to small pieces
- 20g shredded pizza cheese
- 1 button mushroom sliced thinly
- 1 cherry tomato sliced thinly
- 1 pitted black olive sliced thinly
- fresh basil
- parsley (dried and/or fresh sprigs)
- freshly cracked (pink) salt
- sprinkle of red chilli pepper flakes
- a small drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the pizza. Place each focaccia bread on an air fryer paper liner, or two pizzas side-by-side on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Spread the pizza sauce evenly on each bread using the back of a spoon, leaving a small gap around the edges. Top the pizza with a layer of shredded cheese, followed by torn pieces of mozzarella cheese, mushroom, cherry tomato and olive.
- Method 1: Bake in an air fryer. Bake in air fryer for 5 minutes (no need to preheat). If you have a second pizza to cook immediately, reduce the baking time to 4 minutes. If the cheese is not melted, just leave the pizza inside the air fryer for another minute or so, as the hot air inside the air fryer will continue to cook the pizza. Method 2: Bake in oven. Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F). Bake in toaster oven for about 8 mins, or in a regular oven for 10-12 minutes, until the crust is lightly golden and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish pizza with basil/parsley, a small sprinkle of pink salt, red chilli pepper flakes and a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Instead of precisely measuring the ingredients, estimate the ingredients (pizza sauce, cheese, mushroom, tomato etc) required by eye, since this is a small pizza.
Pages: 1 2
That pizza looks so crusty and the topping amazing!
Pizza looks perfectly baked (rather air-fried) to deliciousness. What’s better is that it can be ready in 10 minutes. Wow!