Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Cabbage Rice Recipe
Reserve the water from soaking the dried ingredients for cooking the rice. Measure the water required as stated in the recipe. If you have insufficient soaking liquid, top up with plain water. If you have excess soaking water, you do not need to use all of it.
- 10 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 15 grams dried shrimps
- 3 small dried scallops
- hot water for soaking dried ingredients
- 200 grams pork belly with some fat on sliced thinly
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice washed and drained
- 200 gram cabbage leaves sliced to 2 cm width
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3/4 tsp sea salt to taste
- 150 ml + 1 cup (same cup to measure rice) filtered soaking water
- Soak mushrooms in a bowl of hot water until softened. Discard the stem, squeeze out excess water from the caps and slice thinly. Filter soaking water through a fine sieve and set aside.
- Soak dried shrimps and dried scallops in small bowls of water until softened. Pat dried shrimps dry on paper towels and chop finely. Pat dried scallops dry on paper towels and tear to fine shreds. Filter soaking water through a fine sieve and set aside.
- In a wok, add pork belly and spread them out with the ladle. Let the fats render some oil and stir fry until cooked on surface. Push pork belly to one side of wok using a spatula.
- Add oil in wok and stir fry garlic until light golden. Add dried shrimps, dried scallops and shiitake mushrooms. Stir fry in garlic until they are fragrant.
- Add cabbage and stir fry until they start to soften.
- Add washed rice, soy sauce, salt and 150 ml soaking water. Stir fry to mix everything evenly, cover with lid and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Transfer contents of wok to the rice cooker. Add 1 cup soaking water to rice cooker and set to cook.