The marinated bulgogi is suitable for barbeques and stir fries. Take care not to over cook the beef.
- 400 grams beef suitable cuts include tenderloin, rump steak, sirloin or skirt flank
- cooking oil for cooking beef
- sesame seeds toasted in a dry pan until golden
(A) Marinae 1 – Blend to a purée:
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 50 grams onion
- 50 grams pear flesh nam shui/Korean/Japanese variety preferred
- 5 grams ginger
(B) Marinade 2 – Seasonings
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp corn syrup
- freshly cracked black pepper
- chopped spring onions
- thinly sliced carrot
- Slice the beef thinly, uniformly & against the grain.
- In a blender or food processor, blend (A) to a smooth puree. Add the puree, sliced beef and (B) in a wide bowl. Combine to mix well. Cover with cling wrap and marinade for about least 2 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Heat griddle or wok. Add a bit of oil. Grill, pan fry or stir fry the marinated beef, in batches until they are cooked.
- Serve the cooked bulgogi with multi grain rice, or as a DIY wrap with lettuce leaves, ssamjang sauce and rice.
Recipe adapted from Maangchi: Korean Beef BBQ Bulgogi 불고기