Watercress Soup with Luo Han Guo
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Putting the luo han guo in a disposable soup poach.
Watercress Soup with Luo Han Guo Recipe
- 250g pork ribs
- 1 luo han guo fruit (aka Siraitia grosvenorii, 罗汉果, 羅漢果, monk’s fruit)
- 200g watercress (西洋菜) ends trimmed, then roughly cut
- 10 pitted red dates
- 1 tbsp wolfberries soaked in a small bowl of water until puffy; drained
- 1300 ml water
- salt to taste
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for about 5 minutes, to remove the scum so that you have clear (particle-free) soup later.
- Using the back of your knife, gently crack open the luo han guo fruit. Place the smashed fruit inside a disposable soup bag.
- In a large soup pot, add blanched pork ribs, watercress, red dates, soup poach and water. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer (with lid partially closed) for about 40 minutes.
- Five minutes before you turn off the stove, add the soaked wolfberries. Season with salt. Discard the soup poach. For best results, keep warm in a thermal pot for a few hours until ready to serve.