Microwaved Baked Beans
This is a no-pride recipe – it is basically a can of baked beans in disguise. There is no “real” cooking involved as I let my microwave do all the work. When I was in school, I remembered the rice stall had this hot dog with baked beans dish which I liked very much. This is my lazy way of recreating it. I also added some lettuce and diced peppers for colour & fiber.
Microwaved Baked Beans Recipe
This easy dish of microwaved baked beans goes well with rice.
- 1 small can 9(250 grams) baked beans
- 2 to 3 hot dogs sliced thinly
- 1/2 bell pepper diced; for colour, use red and green/yellow peppers
- a few lettuce leaves shredded thinly
- Empty baked beans into a microwavable deep plate. Add hot dog. Cover with microwave-safe cling wrap and leave a small opening. Microwave for about 2 minutes on high or until warm.
- Use a spoon to mix the sausages and baked beans well.
- Microwave the bell peppers for 2 minutes on high.
- Mix in half of the cooked bell peppers.
- Garnish the dish with shredded lettuce and the remaining bell peppers. Serve with rice.