Wafu Japanese Salad Dressing
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Japanese Wafu Salad Recipe
The sauce keeps in the fridge for about a week. Upon refrigeration, the oil may float up and solidify; simply let it thaw at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before use.
Feel free to substitute with your favourite seasonal salad ingredients, such as corn, hard-boiled egg and carrot for the salad bowl.
(A) Salad Ingredients
- 2 cups lettuce (romain, iceberg or assorted) leaves cut or torn to bite-sized
- half Japanese cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 tomato cut to six wedges; or 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado pitted; cut to wedges or bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp wakame soaked in a bowl of water for 5 minutes, drained and excess water squeezed out
- 2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
(B) Wafu Vinaigrette Dressing
- 2 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar may use apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp shoyu (light soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil or vegetable oil/extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Divide and arrange (A) in two serving bowls.
- Combine and whisk (B) in a small bowl. Divide into two portions.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the salad. Serve each salad bowl with wafu dressing at the side.