Cheesy Mushroom Omelette
I made this cheesy mushroom omelette with leftover cooked mixed mushrooms. It is a very quick omelette to make, especially with the mushrooms already cooked. Since I made this omelette on Christmas Day, I try to give this dish a festive cheer by using multi-colour cherry tomatoes. There are lots of mushrooms stuffed inside this cheesy mushroom omelette, so this is a delight for mushroom lovers. Best of all, it is low-carb (I try to eat one low-carb meal a day). Pair this omelette with a nutritious avocado vegetable smoothie or kale, banana & strawberry smoothie for more fullness.
- Heirloom Tomato Chicken Salad
- 10-Minute Heirloom Tomato Salad
- Apple & Mozzarella Toast
- One-Pan Gyoza & Eggs
Cooked mushrooms. I use three types of mushrooms for this recipe. You can either make the mixed mushrooms in advance (I reheat them by frying the mushrooms in butter, onions and Italian seasoning), or cook them from scratch as per this recipe.
Eggs & shredded cheese (I am using pizza mix cheese – a blend of mozzarella & cheddar).
STEP-BY-STEP (MAKE THE OMELETTE)
Before making the omelette, clean the same pan you cooked/reheated the mushrooms with a kitchen paper towel.
- (1) Melt butter in the pan.
- (2) Pour egg mixture into the pan.
- (3) Swirl the pan around so that the egg is evenly distributed. Cover the pan to allow the egg to steam at low heat for 30 seconds to a minute.
- (4) This is my cooked omelette which is just set with still some raw egg on top.
- (5) Add mushrooms (save one tablespoon for garnishing) to occupy slightly more than half of the omelette. Then add a generous handful of cheese.
- (6) Cover with lid and steam the contents on low heat.
- (7) When the cheese is almost melted (it will further melt when the egg is folded over), loosen the edges of the omelette, and fold the egg over. It is deliberate that the egg do not cover the mushroom filling completely for a prettier peek-a-boo effect.
- (8) Slide the omelette into a serving plate.
GARNISH + SIDE SALAD
Garnish the omelette with the remaining mushrooms. I serve it with a side salad with cherry tomatoes and blueberries. Enjoy this healthy, nutritious and low-carb all-day omelette!
What a beautiful and mouthwatering meal! I am going to get some mushrooms tomorrow to make an omelette too.
I would absolutely want this plate of goodness for breakfast.