Top Shell Salad
Filed Under: 15-minute Recipes 5 or Less Ingredients Chinese New Year Recipes Chinese Recipes Mum's Recipes No-Cook Recipes Recipes Salads & Vegetables
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Seasoned Top Shell Salad Recipe
You can serve this salad chilled or at room temperature. Step 2 softens the onions; you can skip this step if you don’t mind the taste of raw onions.
- 1 can top shell (conch) recommended to use one without preservatives
- top shell sauce from the can any amount you like
- half red/white onion sliced thinly
- 3 + 2 small limes divided
- 3 chilli padi sliced thinly; to taste#
- a handful coriander roughly chopped
# use finger-length red chilli if you do not want the heat
- Prep top shell. Cut each top shell to 3-4 smaller slices. Reserve the soaking sauce in the can.
- Soften the raw onions. In a large bowl, add sliced onions and squeeze the juice from 3 limes over them, stirring to coat the onions evenly. Let it rest for 5 minutes, allowing the raw onions to soften.
- Toss and serve. Add sliced top shell, remaining lime juice, chilli and coriander over the onions. Spoon 2 or more tablespoons of top shell sauce and toss the salad. Serve as an appetizer (good with beer) or as a side-dish.