Tomato Egg Drop Soup
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Tomato Egg Drop Soup Recipe
For best results, use ripe and vibrant (red or tomatoes) tomatoes to make this dish.
Instead of adding coriander to the pot, it can added to individual bowl(s) while the soup is piping hot (in case not everyone in the family eats coriander).
- 2 ripe & sweet tomatoes (about 200g) diced
- 450ml water
- cornstarch slurry 1 tbsp corn starch dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt to taste
- 1/8 dashes white pepper powder to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil to taste
- 2 handfuls chopped coriander
- Make tomato soup. In a pot, add diced tomato and water. Bring to a boil. Cover the pot with lid and simmer for 3 minutes. Thicken with cornstarch slurry until the soup thickens to your liking (you don’t have to use all of the slurry).
- Make egg drop. Bring the soup to a boil again. Add in the beaten egg while stirring the soup in one circular direction around the pot.
- Season to taste and serve. When the egg strands are set, season the soup to taste with salt, white pepper and sesame oil. While the soup is still piping hot, add chopped coriander and serve.
Credit: Recipe adapted from YouTube: 西红柿鸡蛋汤 Tomato Egg Soup