Taiwan Sausage Fried Rice
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Taiwan Sausage Fried Rice Recipe
For best results when cooking fried rice, use cooked rice that has been refrigerated overnight. If you do not like the idea of overnight rice , you can also use freshly cooked rice which has been refrigerated for at least 2 hours in the fridge. Refrigerating the rice keeps the grains dry so that they won’t stick to each other during stir frying.
- 1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 Taiwan sausage sliced thinly
- 50 grams ham cubed
- 10 grams unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 shallots sliced thinly
- 300 grams cooked white rice*
- 75 grams frozen vegetables (diced carrot, peas and corn) thaw before use
- sea salt or garlic salt to taste; only if required
* cook 1 cup washed (short or long grain) rice cooked in approximately 1 1/4 cup water in the rice cooker
(A) Seasoned egg mixture (beat well in a small bowl)
- 2 small eggs
- 2 tsp chicken seasoning powder
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 dashes white pepper powder
- Stir-fry the meat. Heat oil in wokpan, add sausage and ham. Stir-fry until fragrant and slightly browned.
- Saute aromatics. Push the sausage and ham to the side of the pan. Melt butter. Cook shallots and garlic until shallots are translucent.
- Cook the fried rice. Add vegetables and rice. Pour seasoned egg mixture (A) evenly over the rice. Stir-fry until the egg is dry. Season to taste with salt only if needed. Garnish with spring onions to serve.