Filed Under: Bakes & Sweet Treats Cupcakes & Muffins Desserts Recipes
Strawberry Muffins Recipe
You do not need a cake mixer for this recipe. Use a silicon spatula to fold in and combine the batter. Be careful not to over mix the batter as it will result in a tough texture.
- 3 cups (375 grams) plain flour
- 3 large eggs (60 grams each)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups (450g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 125 grams butter cut to small pieces and melted at room temperature
- Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together, and mix well.
- Add in milk, eggs, vanilla extract and butter. Stir well with a spatula until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.
- Fold the diced strawberries into the batter. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases (each about 2/3 filled).
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven of 200 °C (400 °F) or until slightly golden brown. Allow to rest for several minutes before serving.
- updated (13 Jan 2010): metric conversions for the above ingredients
- updated (18 Jan 2010): corrected metric conversions for the above ingredients, thanks to commenter zy
Pages: 1 2
Hi, your muffins look delicious! I have a question – The recipe for strawberry muffin is 375g of flour or 3 cups? What measuring cups do you use? Thanks so much :) I look forward to your reply. Cant’t wait to try this recipe out myself!
Hi, didn’t know we can keep unfinished muffins frozen =) Can we warm them using microwave oven? If using traditional oven, what temperature & for how long do u warm them? How long can frozen muffins be kept? Sorry so many questions cos I am a noob in cooking & baking =P
I tried this recipe (half of all the ingredients). Not too bad..delicious .. I used top flour instead of plain fpour. Just happen to have balance of top flour at home.
wah looks very nice!!
Can I still bake it if I don’t have a muffin baking tin, will it work if i just used the muffin cups (paper)? Heh, first attempt at baking!
can, but use the harder types like the one in the first photo (those are souffle baking cases, harder than normal paper cases). If you are only using paper cups, the muffin batter may collapse during baking.
Hello, I’m a novice at baking, may I know if can I substitute the plain flour with cake flour?
Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I used apricots , muffins were yummy!
Pingback: Strawberry Muffins | Malu Kaya Adventures
Hi..thanks for sharing. Can I just check with you, for your directions 1 and 2, when you mentioned mix well and stir until just blended, do you just mix and stir normally using a spoon and is by cake mixer?
Using a silicon spatula will be easier than spoon. No need to use a cake mixer for this recipe.