Strawberry Muffins Recipe
You do not need a cake mixer for this recipe. Use a silicon spatula to fold in and combine the batter. Be careful not to over mix the batter as it will result in a tough texture.
- Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together, and mix well.
- Add in milk, eggs, vanilla extract and butter. Stir well with a spatula until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.
- Fold the diced strawberries into the batter. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases (each about 2/3 filled).
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven of 200 °C (400 °F) or until slightly golden brown. Allow to rest for several minutes before serving.
- updated (13 Jan 2010): metric conversions for the above ingredients
- updated (18 Jan 2010): corrected metric conversions for the above ingredients, thanks to commenter zy