Stir-fried Egg Noodles
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Stir-fried Egg Noodles Recipe
If you are reducing this recipe by half to cook for two, use half an egg instead. Otherwise the noodles may become too wet and soggy after stir frying.
- 200g dried egg noodles 雞蛋面
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil (evoo) or sesame oil for coating the noodles to prevent them from clumping up
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and chopped finely
- 200g hon shimeji mushrooms bottom ends trimmed
- 200g sausages (I use cheese sausages) sliced thinly
- 150g frozen vegetables (peas, carrots, corn) thawed
- 3 bunches of baby bok choy (xiao bai cai) trimmed to shorter lengths
- 1 egg beaten with 1/2 tsp light soy sauce added
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- dashes of ground white pepper
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce (if not using, add more soy to taste)
- Cook the noodles. In a pot of boiling water, add egg noodles and cook for 1 minute less than the timing indicated on the packaging. Drain the noodles. To prevent the noodles from clumping up, coat them with evoo or sesame oil, cover with cling wrap and set aside. Alternatively, run the noodles under the tap in a colander to moisten them, just before adding to the wok.
- Fry aromatics and ingredients. Heat cooking oil in wok and fry garlic until fragrant. Add mushrooms and stir fry briefly until just softened. Add sliced sausages. Stir fry for another minute.
- Add noodles and veggies. Add cooked egg noodles and seasonings (A). Using a pair of kitchen tongs, stir fry the noodles so that the seasonings are evenly spread out. Add baby bok choy and thawed veggies (peas, carrots, corn). Stir fry until they are cooked (less than a minute).
- Add egg and serve. Pour beaten egg slowly and evenly over the noodles. Stir fry everything until the egg is dry and just set. Season to taste with salt and pepper.