Chayote with Pork
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Chayote with Pork Recipe
This is an easy Chinese stir-fry which is great for busy days since there is vegetable and meat in one dish.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 thin slices of ginger stacked together and sliced thinly
- 100g pork fillet (preferably tenderloin cut) sliced to strips
- 1 whole chayote (佛手瓜/合掌瓜) peeled and sliced to thin strips
- 1 1/2 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- fish sauce to taste
- salt to taste
- light soy sauce to taste
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- dash of white pepper powder
- Marinade pork strips with (A) for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok and stir fry garlic & ginger until fragrant.
- Add pork strips and stir fry until 80% cooked (not pink).
- Add sliced chayote along with Chinese wine, a tiny dash of fish sauce and a small pinch of salt.
- Stir fry for about 3 minutes, until the chayote is cooked but still crunchy. Season to taste (with light soy sauce, fish sauce and salt).
Noob Cook Tips
- The chayote is slightly slippery during peeling and slicing so do be careful.
- You may add sliced carrots and mushrooms for more variety and colour.