Ginger and Scallions Beef
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Ginger and Scallions Beef Recipe
In this recipe, slicing the meat against the grain and prepping the beef slices with baking soda help the beef to be tenderly cooked.
- 200g beef (tenderloin cut preferred) sliced thinly and diagonally (against the grain)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 slices ginger sliced
- 3 stalks spring onions (scallions) cut to 5 cm (2-inch) lengths
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour (corn starch)
- Sprinkle and coat beef slices evenly with baking soda. Set aside for about 15 minutes and then rinse beef slices. Pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine prepared beef slices with (A).
- Heat oil. Saute ginger, garlic and bottom ends of the spring onions for about 30 seconds.
- Add marinaded beef and spring onions. Stir fry on high heat briefly until the beef slices are no longer pink. Do not overcook the beef.
- Drizzle Chinese wine along the sides of the wok and let the wine sizzle and evaporate. Serve with steamed rice.