Shrimp & Celery Stir-fry
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Shrimp & Celery Stir-fry Recipe
Removing the outer skin of the celery with a vegetable peeler gets rid of the woody fibrous texture but this step is optional.
If you don’t have garlic salt, use any favourite seasonings (such as salt, fish sauce, seasoning sauce, mushroom powder or light soy sauce).
- 10 medium shrimps (prawns) shells & veins removed, tail-on
- 3 celery stalks outer skin removed with veg peeler, sliced diagonally & thinly
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 thin slices ginger minced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt (or any favourite seasonings)
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine (Hua Tiao/ShaoXing)
- Prep shrimps & celery according to the instructions at ingredients list.
- Cook aromatics and celery. Heat oil in a wokpan. Add ginger and garlic. Stir fry briefly until aromatic. Add celery and stir fry for about a minute.
- Add shrimps and garlic salt. Stir fry until the shrimps are cooked. Drizzle Chinese wine along the hot walls of the wokpan during the last 15 seconds of cooking.